January 12, 2008
In this tutorial I’ll explain you how to install Vmware Server on Hetzner.de Rootserver with Debian Etch OS installed.
I’ve searched over the net many setup articles about vmware and Debian Etch, but unfortunately I haven’t found any good tutorial for me. I’m sure that your question is: “Why you haven’t found any good tutorial? Entire internet talks about Vmware products installation!” If you are in this page you are an unfortunately user as me. 🙂 You have to know that Hetzner have a limitation in his IP addresses. In fact, to block IP Spoofing, Hetzner don’t allow IP address sharing and Bridged configuration don’t works with Vmware. There are limitations also when you try to install Xen and others virtualization solutions with bridged network configuration except for OpenVZ. At the moment I’ve seen that OpenVZ have many bugs and there isn’t an updated frontend to manage simply the virtual servers configured. VMware Server is free and give you a Console to manage remotely VPS from Linux or Windows system. I’ve personally tested VMware Server 1.04 on RootServer DS7000 with AMD Athlon X2 6000+ and 6gb of RAM. It runs fine, but I think that if you want a very performant system, virtualization not is very well.
November 30, 2007
How to join on Linux Contest?
1. You must have a blog or website with at least 6 months of life and 20 posts.
2. You must review Smoking Linux and Linux Contest with an article in your blog or website.
3. Review must be at least 200 words long and linked on www.smokinglinux.com and contest post.
4. Review can be positive, negative and neutral but its content will must be genuine and unique.
5. Blog or WebSite with warez content aren’t allowed.
6. You must join on smokinglinux forum and post your site’s details.
7. You must wirte an Article or HowTo based on Linux and post it on smokinglinux forum (content must be in english)
8. You can make review in every language (Dutch, English, Italian, French, Spanish…)
November 22, 2007
Linux is a good operating system but sometimes you could have the necessity of run a particular application that don’t work with wine and is only for Windows XP.
WMware released its virtualization software for free (not opensource): VMware Server and VMware Player.
WMware server could be more complicated for personal use, so you can choose WMware player to run Windows XP on Ubuntu Gutsy.
November 18, 2007
There are many CSS editors for Linux. Every of this software has particular features. Normally you can use a simple text editor to do a good CSS code for your web projects, but certainly a CSS editor could help you to do a beatiful CSS code.
Quanta as a Linux CSS Editor
Quanta Plus is an HTML and CSS editor. You can use it for HTML editing but also you could use it for CSS editing. You can find a color picker inside Quanta Plus to choose the colors for your CSS links or background and much more. Quanta is a good choice especially if you run KDE as Desktop Environment.
sudo apt-get install quanta (on Ubuntu Gutsy)